Friday, November 16, 2007

It's Been an Interesting Week to Say the Least...

This week has not been your typical week in Abilene, Texas. The things that have happened here in West Central Texas have really hit my core. I woke up Sunday morning to find out that a man had been murdered for asking some people to leave his house. I honestly can't believe that asking someone to leave your house is cause enough to think you have the right to kill him. Michael was beaten and stabbed to death at HIS home. The blood stains are still in the street from the senseless act of violence. Rest In Peace Michael. Heaven has another special angel watching over us.

We made a quick trip to Dallas on Tuesday night to take care of some personal matters on Wednesday. It was an awesome trip. Tom and I played Nintendo Wii until almost 1:00 a.m. We are hooked. I think we might give each other that for Christmas. I was completely soaked with sweat when we were done playing tennis. It was quite a site. On Wednesday we went to lunch with mom after we were done with our meeting. Guess where we went? It was Wednesday, and Wednesdays in Dallas are cheap enchilada day at El Fenix. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. YUMMY STUFF!!! Mom got me some El Fenix hot sauce and chips as my birthday present. AWESOME!!! We also spent some time with Teresa and her girls. They were in town for the Hannah Montana show in Fort Worth. Hannah Montana...who would have figured Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter could pull off a smashing success. That girl has got it going on!

I attended the funeral of Michael Myrick on Thursday. It was a graveside service. I bet there were close to 200 people there. We left Abilene and carpooled to the Hawley Cemetery for the service. While at the service I met Chrissie Mouton the news reporter from KTXS. What a weird place to run into her. You see she is good friends with Lisa Spooner. Who is Lisa Spooner? Lisa was Lisa Dalzell before meeting Ron and she also was a Miss Lake O' the Pines who went onto win the Crown of Miss Texas. Anyways, Lisa said Chrissie and I needed to meet since we both live here in Abilene. Well we finally did. She is awesome person. I can't wait to spend more time with her.

Fast Forward to Thursday night and my Ethics class. The topic for tonight's class was "Morality, Marriage, and Human Sexuality." That should tell you enough right there. Long story short, I walked out of the class because I was not shown the same respect that other students in the class were given by the instructor. He allows them to ramble on about an assortment of off the topic conversations rather than teaching the class. When it came my turn to comment on an expressed opinion he made earlier in the class, I was given two sentences worth of time before he started talking over me. He completely dismissed my opinion as not relevant to his discussion and moved on with class. There is one thing in this world that I cannot stand and that is IGNORANCE. And for the 45 minutes that I was in class last night, a majority of the comments were full of ignorance.

And here we are at Friday. Tomorrow is Tom's birthday. I gotta go shopping and get him something. He has to work all day so maybe I could just get it tomorrow. Nah....today would be better.

Until next time. Keep going beyond, you never know what's on the other side.

JRH

No comments: