Sunday, July 29, 2007

"Sunday School"

My creative juices have reached a halt when comes to those crazy chicks in the small west Texas town. I'm sure I will get back to them at some point. Give me a week or two to compile some more thoughts about them. I won't let them die just yet. Just consider it a cliff hanger. Same blog time, Same blog channel..........

Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest and worship. But let me introduce you to a new type of "Sunday School". I never knew learning could be interesting and I certainly never thought the TV could be educational.

This morning I want to encourage everyone to start watching CBS Sunday Morning. http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/sunday/main3445.shtml This program is amazing. Talk about some interesting and awesome stuff on tv. And any age can watch it.

Yes, I know it comes on at 8 am on Sunday morning and many of you are heading to church. TIVO IT!!! I never thought I would reach the age where I liked a news program, but this show is great start the week. Charles Osgood and his crew report on some of the most interesting topics. Today's program has already talked about the history of the fork. I just love quirky history like that.

More importantly, Sunday Morning encourages the Arts. They always have a spotlight of some up and coming artist. They always have really cool music. Musicians that aren't so mainstream, but should be.

Today's focus was the Beatles. Yes, they are mainstream but not this take. Actually the focus was on John Lennon. There is a new album called "INSTANT KARMA" and it is a compilation of multiple artists doing there own take on Lennon's classics. More importantly the sales of the album support ending the suffering and killing in Darfur. Take a peek at the website http://www.instantkarma.org/.

Mr. Osgood always closes with his signature tag line "I'll see ya on the radio." So I want to come up with one for this blog. In my original blogs I always tried ending with "Everything but that...", but that really isn't so inspirational.

So let's try this for awhile...

Keep going beyond, you never know what's on the other side.

JRH

No comments: