Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another Anniversary

Well, here I sit exactly two years from the date I started a second time at Abilene Regional Medical Center. A lot has happened in those two years. My original boss left to take a CNO job in Livingston, TX. She is now the COO. Way to go Barb! Then I learned I would have two bosses. Tony got here and took over two of the five critical care units. Then came Kevin. He took over the other three. Tony is now gone, less than a year after he got here. So it's just me and Kevin. Well, there is Michael. They say he is the Interim Director over Tony's old units. So I guess it is back to three. ARMC is no longer a Triad facility. In July, CHS purchased Triad. So that merger is currently being implemented throughout the hospital. Hopefully, that will go smoothly.





Yesterday was the sixth anniversary of the attacks on our country. Do you remember where you were when you heard about the Towers? I was sitting at my computer checking email and I got an instant message from a buddy that said the World Trade Center was on fire. I thought he was joking until I turned on the TV. Hitting the power button on the remote that morning, forever changed my life. It changed life for everyone. I knew that my roommate from Disney was now with the NYPD. Last I had heard his assignment was at the WTC. I worried all day. I couldn't get in touch with any one in his family. I couldn't get in touch with him either. It was about 5:30 that evening when I finally heard from his dad that he was okay. Whew! A sigh of relief.





Another worry I had was our Current Miss Texas, Stacy James, was in Atlantic City getting ready for the Miss America pageant. What was going on with her? Would they still have the pageant? Yes, they did. She was fine and called to say she was kinda shook up but that she was okay.





Fast forward six years. You know what my worry was yesterday. I was a bit upset that Nique hadn't sent me a damn email yet. It seems she has been emailing others, but why not me? I guess I shouldn't get in a twirl about it too much. There are bigger problems in the world. Right?


I guess I should just be thankful that she made it Germany safely and that she seems to think she made the right decision to head overseas. I conclude my emails to her with "My Heart Hurts!" But today I guess it is happy for her. It won't truly be happy until she is back in the States. I mean what's a guy to do without one of his best friends? Not much I can do with an ocean between the two of us. Maybe sometime in the next 13 months I can take a short jump across the "POND" and visit Deutschland.





I think I have finally decided what to do for my DIFFA jacket this year. It seams that the theme is "Le Cinema de Vie." Something to do with classic movies and the Hollywood glitz and glam! I have decided to bleach out the dark blue denim coat. It doesn't have to be solid white, but certainly lighter than the deep navy that it currently is. After that I am going to dye the coat pink. I also have some pieces of denim that I am going to dye as well. Now that the base of the coat will be pink, I may paint some other pink swirls or marbleized looking texture to it. I am certainly going to paint the pieces of denim pink. The pieces will then be shaped in to a huge bow for the bottom of the back of the jacket. The actual jacket will be scattered with AB rhinestones. If I can manage to get my hands on some pink fox tails, I might add them. But the over all look I am going for is Marilyn in the pink dress from "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes." So we will see how it goes. I will post a pic of the jacket before and after.

That's all I got for ya right now. Until next time.

Keep going beyond, you never know what's on the other side.

JRH

No comments: