Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Little Bit of Good and A Little Bit of Bad

Well, I will start with the bad. Softball sucked last night. We lost 9-7. I missed three line shots down third which allowed them to advance the runners. My defense was horrible last night. I did manage to bat okay. I was on base 2 of three times. I shanked a horrible pop fly. Sucked. So now we are 2-2 on the season. .500 is ok I guess, but .1000 would be better.

Now some good news!

I finally got an email from Nique! She still loves me! I had to threaten her though. It shouldn't be that difficult to get an email from a friend! She says she is off tomorrow and will send me a lengthy email as well as some pictures.

In other news, Tom got a job yesterday. He is going to be working at RELICS here in town. He will be helping decorate for the Holidays as well as working the floor some. Thank goodness! Finally he has something to do besides just go to school. I mean 19 hours is a lot of school, but you need a break occasionally. Even if it is work.

I got to talk with an old friend today. My buddy Russell, from Philadelphia sent me an email. Instead of one liners back and forth, he just picked up the phone and called. It was great to hear his voice. I haven't talked to him in quite a while. His says Philly is still the same. I miss Philly. Especially the chicken cheesesteaks from Emmit's on 69th Street. Russell says he is going back to school. I asked what for and he said that he is going after a teaching certificate. That's awesome for him. He is going to teach Food Science or something like that. Right up his alley, considering he is chef. A damn good chef. Those kids don't know how lucky they are to get some of his cooking everyday at lunch.

Mom got tickets today for the Tech vs tamu game. I always love going to that game. Tech seems to step it up a notch for the damn aggies. The last time I was in Lubbock for the game was my 30th birthday. Hopefully, they can pull out another win for my 32nd birthday.

Damn, I am getting old. 32! Shit how time flies!

Keep going beyond, you never know what's on the other side.

JRH

No comments: