Friday, September 7, 2007

Softball & School

Well, I have managed to survive three weeks of softball and two weeks of school. Playing softball for the first time in 5 years really takes a toll on your body. I think my muscles and bones are finally getting over the shock of doing more exercise than they have in quite some time. Our team is doing pretty well. We recovered this week from a 30-9 butt whooping last week. We won the game in the last inning with a two run shot over the right field fence. 21-20 was the final. We opened the season with a pretty good showing 15-2. So that leaves us 2-1 on the season. Not bad considering we are playing in the Rec 1 division of Co-Ed. Rec 1 is the most competitive division.


As far as school goes, life at ACU is pretty different. But all in all I think it will turn out to be a great decision. The classes seem to be shaping up to be pretty interesting. Nutrition is prolly going to be the hardest class. It seems that it is a little more than discussing what is good to eat. It's a good thing that I paid attention in A&P at least some of the time. My Poli Sci class is going to be a lot of fun. I was a little hesitant about it last week, but after Tuesday night, I think I will like it just fine. My Ethics class will be the most interesting. I can't wait for some of the discussions that will present themselves as the semester continues. I'll keep you up to date on my progress as the semester continues.

Keep going beyond, you never know what's on the other side.

JRH

No comments: